Sunday, June 20, 2010

Farewell Panama!

Packing up to move spots ultra vez! Leaving early tomorrow AM to head back into Costa Rica. The boys and I are going to the Pacific side of the country to visit the volcanoe, Arenal for a few days. Then poor Jandro has to head back to the states. SAD, SAD thing...

Yesterday the four of us hired a boat to take us around Bocas to a couple different snorkeling spots and a beach. Bianca and I beat a coconut out of a tree and I filled it with rum. YUM! It was mighty delicious. I always thought that the brown coconuts were the ripe ones, but in fact the green ones are actually quite a bit better! They are sweeter. I got a brown one like the tourist that I am, but it was still yummy. The hostel we are staying at had a huge rager last night. LOADS of people come from all over the island to dance and what not. It was mighty fun, I must say. There is a diving board that lands in the ocean and some rowdy kids were bouncing off at somewhere around two AM... not to name names, but those hooligans might go by Jake and Jandro....ha ha

I am meeting all kinds of people. For the last few days, we have been traveling with this gentleman from London. He has been traveling alone all over the world for something like 2 years. His name is Simon. Before he left London, he was a computer programmer. I suppose he bored of that and decided that exploring the world was a better way to spend his time. I may have to agree with him.

Jandro and Jake decided that the hostel with 11 bunk beds and a cold shower in each room coupled with the nightly ragers and random hook ups left and right was a bit much to handle for another night, so they booked a nicer hotel on the main island for like $60/night. No thanks, Bianca and I are sticking to the $10 beds. I find it cozy in its own little charming way. What's one more night among many to come? Bianca and I have coined these two has the "princessas" of our group. Well deserved, I think... :)

PICS!





3 comments:

  1. Is that the Bianca I think it is?? She is there??? LOVE YOU TATE, BEAUTIFUL Pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YA! Bianca is traveling all through South America. She is in Columbia now I think. We were fortunate enough to be able to meet up. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete