Thursday, August 5, 2010

Last little huge party in Santa Teresa

Wild night in Costa Rica last night!

Yesterday Stamatea, another Ocean Healing Group volunteer and I headed to Montezuma to meet my Isreali friend Sharon. It took us about 45 mins on a quad and was a really gorgeous and fun ride. Although we saw a baby kitten get run over in horribly slow motion. I will spare you all those details because it was really, really sad!

In Montezuma we sat down to lunch at Puggos (yes, named after pug dogs!!) with Sharon and a laRge group of Isreali boys that we had met in Santa Teresa a few days before all pulled up on their quads and we had a large Isreali lunch party. I just have to mention that Hebrew is the hardest language on EARTH to understand! Stamatea and I were SO confused for a lot of the lunch! But the group was fun and they were really considerate to speak a lot more English than normal so that we could be included. Moti, the tallest Isreali I have ever seen, convinced us to come back to Santa Teresa for one night for a HUGE party! (it must be noted that around here, every night is supposedly a HUGE party). Regardless we let Moti talk us into coming back and we stayed for one night at the local Isreali hostel in town called Casa de Gingi... it was ALL Isrealis! Very nice people even though they are impossible to understand.
We went out to this "huge" party at the Irish pub which turned out to be the smallest HUGE party in all he land! We managed to have a great time though. I met the local tattoo artist, Ryan right before the power went out at the bar because of a sudden storm! A group of us piled on Stamatea's quad and drove up to Ryan's tattoo shop to wait out the rain. There must of been 8 of us on that quad! We were at the shop for roughly half an hour before the power came back on... JUST enough time for me to persuade Ryan to let ME give him a tattoo!!! I did the black outline for a tiny flower on his inner thigh and Stamatea colored it in! QUITE the experience. Ryan said I have a very steady hand... maybe I will become your next tattoo artist!

3 comments: